No, actually, the yarn is Zephyr Wool-Silk 2/18 in black and it came from the deep dark reaches of the bottom of my stash.
A couple of weeks ago, there I was, happily knitting Rose Diamonds when my thoughts kept returning to the Abrazo I’d made for my mother and gave her for the trip to Turkey and I began to wonder how the little shawl was making out. Was it enjoying it’s trip to Turkey? Was it enjoying my mother’s social calender? Then I began to think how I’d really like an Abrazo for myself, and in an astonishing flick of an eye, I’d dropped Rose Diamonds and cast on for my very own Abrazo.
Everything was going really well on it, I’d begun the short rows, and I thought I was almost done when I discovered that I’d inadvertently added 28 yarnovers where there shouldn’t have been in the final row of lace. This is the final row before starting the stockinette short rows; I had thought finishing was a few hours away. With the extra yarnovers, the placement (or centering) of the short rows was way off, and I had no other option than to fix the whole thing. So I ripped-out all of the stockinette, then the row containing the offending yarnovers, and resumed from there.
All’s well that ends well, as they say, and I’m fairly pleased. Of course, as with the one I made for my mother, I had to steam block it because I still couldn’t find my handy blocking squares.*
Pattern: Abrazo by Susanna IC
Yarn: JaggerSpun Zephyr Merino-Silk 2/18 in black
Needles: 5.0 mm/US 8.0
Additional Supplies: silver-lined purple seed beads, size 8/0
*My husband has since found the missing interlocking carpet squares, and although he won’t admit it, it seems he stowed them away someplace high and out of the way during one of his organizing frenzies. Hey, I’m just glad to have them back!